Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Chinese trail 70 clone?

Beedo is offline 70cc

Best Chinese trail 70 clone?

I was wondering what everyone thinks is the best trail 70 clone.

Thanks a bunch!
    Last edited by Beedo; 03-13-2006 at 11:51 AM.
    Beedo
    1970 Trail 70H Mirage ICE color
    1971 Trail 70 Mirage Burgandy/Gold color
    Lifan 107cc motors, 12 volt CDI electrical.
    one down three up + hand clutches....
    1985 ATC 70 Great 100% original condition

racerx is offline Super Moderator
    The best that I've seen are made by Jincheng (Suzuki of China). Unfortunately, no one has imported them for a couple of years or so. They used to retail for about $1600 until the last few were "fire saled" for around $900 circa 2004.

Not sure about the latest crop on ebay. Every summer I see at least two or three new brand names at swap meets/trade shows, but haven't attended any yet this year. What I saw in 2004 & 2005 looked pretty crude. Even my wife kept pointing out the rough edges . That's saying something! The newer bikes are retailing, in some cases, for as little as $600. There's still no such thing as a free lunch, so do your homework.

There have been three sellers in Michigan over the past six months. One in Port Huron, one in Dearborn and another across the state in Grand Rapids. I believe that one was called "cwpowersports". If you can find one locally, then you can at least see the bikes and save yourself a nice bundle on shipping. You'll also be able to ask questions regarding warranties & replacement parts face-to-face.

www.hooperimports.com

They have really good bikes, my dad is a dealer for them , and our bikes have been holding up nicely. But you do have to do a little wrenching on them to make them sound, but that is any bike that you buy.

Anything will look crude compared to your bikes racerx.

MSZ
    MSZ is offline Moderator
    If you have to replace things or "wrench" on a bike when it's new in the box, I wouldn't exactly call that a quality copy.

If you want a clone, purchase the cheapest one you can find and then upgrate it with quality parts. There was a clone on ebay yesterday, slightly used and it sold for chump change.

I'd rather buy a Honda and restomod it and have it worth something a year from now instead of it being virtually worthless 3-5 years from now.

Just my opinion...

The better clones have a lot of chrome instead of black plastic,machined aluminum wheels instead of rough cast aluminum and adjustable rear shocks.
    They carry a lot of different brand names, The best I have found in my region (Ohio/Indiana) is the Firehawk branded ones.I do not know who manufactured it, I forgot what it said on the MSO,All I could find is a lifan marking on the engine and rear fender plastic.
    I also have a 2005 Chongqing-Charming manufactured clone and its pretty much a beater, a total thrasher. I paid $350 for it and I use it for others ( kids )to ride and as a test platform for different engines.
    The clone bikes are for thrashing around on and beating up, not for accumulating value. i would recommend replacing some of the cheap nuts and washers on the bike and checking / re-taping the wiring since they just lay there in the frame.
    1972 Honda CT-70H 97cc 4 speed
    2004 CT-70H -Black Clone W/124cc Motor
    2005 CT 70H -Red Clone W/86cc Motor
    2002 Honda XR-70 W/ 108cc Motor
    2005 Honda CRF-70 W/124cc Motor

Quote Originally Posted by Pony Express
    If you have to replace things or "wrench" on a bike when it's new in the box, I wouldn't exactly call that a quality copy.

If you want a clone, purchase the cheapest one you can find and then upgrate it with quality parts. There was a clone on ebay yesterday, slightly used and it sold for chump change.

I'd rather buy a Honda and restomod it and have it worth something a year from now instead of it being virtually worthless 3-5 years from now.

Just my opinion...

w/e

Any clone bike out there you would have to wrench on or replace something eventually. Thats just the way they are, I dont care what brand you buy, they all have somewhat cheap parts and have to be upgraded.

We have 7 original Honda CTs. We bought these repos to ride while we are fixing up our originals.

honda191 is offline Vendor
    I am looking for the address location of CW Powersports in Port Huron,Mi. I went to the address on their website but just found a little garage is there a show room or wharehouse other than the little building on water street???

racerx is offline Super Moderator
    Chinese bikes don't have a dealership/parts network like Honda. Someone imports a container of them on a one-shot basis then sells them on ebay. Once they're gone, that's it in most cases. All of the replacement parts, if any, come with the container load or bikes. A few sellers seem to keep at it, usually they're the ones with a bike shop and they sell other bikes/brands or perform repairs. Most seem to move on to toasters, knockoff designer apparel, tchochkies or whatever else they figure can be flipped fast. The advantage of dealing face-to-face is that you actually get to see what's for sale before committing your bucks. CWpowersports is probably nothing more than someone working from home trying to make a few bucks on the side. Doesn't mean he's dishonest, but he's not a "bricks & mortar" dealership either. That's the Achilles' heel of PRC copies, they're instant orphans.

1972 hondaCT70

hello there , i just found this site,while researching the internet on this ct70 i bought this weekend. this is my first post,i am glad to see this forum.i just sent a larger post but must have done something wrong as it didnt make it,ill test this send for now.

honda191 is offline Vendor

Got to be a showroom

If you look at there website cwpowersports.com and read all the great comments everybody has written in their Guest Book I have to belive that they have a wharehouse or shop in Port Huron, Mi!! I would really like to find the address of their NEW location if anybody has ever visited them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 05-12-2011, 01:12 AM