As a pre-winter project, I wanted to revisit the lighting coil dilemma to see if there is an easy way to convert a CT70 to a 12v full wave bridge set-up, and back it up with a few tests to make sure that it's safe and will work long term. My first step was to unwind a 2 wire lighting coil (Green & Yellow) and try to put a "number" on each winding. Here's what I know as of today, which includes a few surprises that I was not expecting. The coil consists of 2 coils, connected at a common point (ground), asymmetrical by design, with 2 outputs. The yellow supplies the juice for the AC components (headlight, speedo lamps), and the green wire for the DC circuit (battery, TL, stop light, horn). The "yellow winding" (AC circuit) is the outer layers on the coil. I counted ~149 turns, 33.5' of wire, DC resistance somewhere between 0.5 & 0.6 ohms. The green winding (DC circuit) is the inner section. ~252 turns, 43' of wire, 0.6 to 0.7 ohms. I put a range on both readings because my meter would sometimes dither between the 2 numbers. Makes sense because my fluke 77 will only read to 1 decimal point. The wire measures 0.68mm diameter on my not so trusty HF caliper. The wire size is the same on both windings. In looking at a few magnet wire charts on-line, the wire is 22 gauge or very close. I checked the math on resistance per foot of 22 ga. and it's in range with the resistance measurements.