Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: The Three Amigos... Sage, Dixie & Wingnut!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoooowheeeee, it was warm up here today (97 according to this tablet) and this is the high country, the temps hit 115 down in Goodyear & Buckeye, maybe a few other places in the Valley. This heat wave is gonna be brutal, temps are gonna ratchet up manana and start causing some se-wious problems. News blurb said flight operations outta Sky Harbor may be suspended or delayed during the hottest hours of the day, for each day through Thursday.

The only good news is that thunderstorms may develop up here in the White Mountains, which will cool temps IF the storms actually materialize. I expect some casualties during this brutal heat wave, especially down in the Valley when temps soar tomorrow, but it would be ironic if I got whacked by a lightning strike in the kiddie pool, LOL. Meh, WTF, it's never too late to have a happy childhood, and I ain't givin' up the pool till the heat wave ends, or till lightning is scorching my heels, 10???

OKAY, HEROES, TIME TO Q UP THOSE T-BONES, THE LAST COOKING I'LL DO FOR ABOUT A WEEK, LOL...
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained..."

Post Thanks / Like
    Swapped out the water in the kiddie pool, had to re-inflate the "Outer Rings" because they were starting to sag... some sorta cosmic reminder of the aging process in humans, especially that knucklehaid OLD CT, LOL.

Gonna be HOT this afternoon, good thing I have the Olympic-sized kiddie pool to hydrate my flesh as I pound f#%g beers, LOL. All the BBQ action is done, all I gotta do is MACK when I get hungry...

Sittin' on the couch drinkin' a stubby and watchin' telly right now, this knee rehab physical therapy is ROUGH, by God!!! Meh, SOME @$$CLOWN has to do it, and I'm in the mood after submitting my electronic manuscript, WOOHOO!!!

Gonna PAR-TAY while I decompress from YEARS of writing, LOL. The only way this poolside action could be better would be with my Depot Cutie in a string bikini in the shallow end, 10-4? No worries, I'll provide the "string"---a spool of thread, LOL.

"GOOD TO GO, DARLIN'!!! NOW DO ME A FAVOR AND GRAB ANOTHER STUBBY OUT OF THAT THAR POOLSIDE COOLER!!!"

HANG LOOSE, YOUSE MONKEYBIKING HEROES & CRUSTY MINI DEMONS O' DIRT!!! AS SOON AS THIS HEAT WAVE ENDS, I'M HITTIN' THE TRAIL ON THE FRANKENBIKE, SAFETY GEAR & HERO CAM INCLUDED WOOHOO!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, another scorcher as this heat wave continues... I'm startin' to feel the effects, though it could be that moonshine Doug & his gal brought over as a gift yesterday, LOL. We played pool and partied, I gotta remember to rig the Hero cam over the table next time so we can catch some of those heller combo shots. Doug's a pretty good pool player, I beat him now and then but he's a real pool shark, he should have a cap with a fin on it, LOL. Anyway, I'm moving slowly this morning, just riding out this miserable heat and looking forward to cooler temps sometime in the future. The kittehs are lying in the shade outside, under the hedges & whatnot. Once it gets too hot out there, they'll join me under the industrial fan. Alright, heroes, I'm off to chillax, no cold one yet after all that partying yesterday, LOL. Gonna go lie in a medium cool bath to hydrate, then stretch out atop the sheets with the fan cranked...

Did I tell y'all that I found a lodger for that fourth room in my house? Some retired dude who plays in a vintage rock & roll band with three other guys, all in their 60s, LOL. They play Beatles tunes, Eagles, Roy Orbison, classic R & B, etc. Should make things interesting around here if they practice while my friends & I shoot pool, 10-4? Might hafta throw some requests their way: "BELSEN WAS A GAS" and "EMI" and "BODIES" from the Pistols, "POLICE TRUCK" and "HOLIDAY IN CAMBODIA" and "TOO DRUNK TO F#%" by the Dead Kennedys, LOL. I'm sure those numbers would go over well with their regular audiences, aye? Meh, we'll see what happens, the rental cash will pay all my monthly utility bills, the only reason I'm even considering renting the room. Dude seems pretty cool, so it should work out alright... the house is big enough, and having two fully-functional bathrooms won't hurt. Okay, now I'm done, HASTA LUEGO, MONKEYBIKING HEROES!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe that "Jello Biafra for president" poster will give `em a hint
    Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted but getting what you have, which once you have got it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known.

Garrison Keillor

Post Thanks / Like
    Did I ever post these shots of Sage & Jingle Belle tryin' to beat the heat on ye olde rack, the industrial fan roaring? Here we go:

IMG_2976.jpg IMG_2977.jpg IMG_2979.jpg IMG_2978.jpg

And now for something completely different, LOL...

Post Thanks / Like
    Took a few pics in the kiddie pool today, including shots of my knee after what? Five or six weeks? I'm hoping for a cool X-wing fighter scar on the knee, something to impress hot cougars down at One-Eyed Jacks, LOL. Hey, y'all know that trick where some hand yanks the tablecloth out from under a fully-laid table, the dishes, utensils & glasses all remaining in place? Well, there was a bunch o' cr@p on the pool cover (a cheap blue tarp), so I grabbed one edge of that tarp and yanked hard... sure enough, all that crud remained in place, only now it was floating on the surface of the water, LOL. Pine needles, bits o' bark, dead bugs, etc., I scooped the worst of it out with one hand, then I manned up and said, "F#% THIS $H!T, TIME FOR A DIP!!!" Monkeybikers are supposed to be hardcore, aye??? And cavemen didn't whine about dead things floating in THEIR swimming holes, 10-4??? Here we go with the pics:

IMG_2995.jpg IMG_2996.jpg IMG_2997.jpg IMG_2998.jpg IMG_2999.jpg IMG_3000.jpg IMG_3001.jpg IMG_3002.jpg IMG_3003.jpg IMG_3004.jpg IMG_3005.jpg IMG_3006.jpg IMG_3007.jpg IMG_3008.jpg IMG_3009.jpg

That's Sage the Tyger in the background of several shots, y'all can see him under the hammock and a bit farther away, LOL. Anyway, that pool felt good today, and I even felt a few drops of rain while swinging in the hammock... hopefully the rainy monsoon season begins in a few days. Crackhead tried the hammock today, but the swing was too much for him and he shot outta there like a friggin' meteor, LOL. I was lucky not to get scratched in the process, AYE???